Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's Girl Scout Cookie Time Again!

Yes, Girl Scout cookies are being delivered here in Northern California.  Unfortunately, we're also a week into Lent.  Lent is the time (40 days plus Sundays) prior to Easter for Christians to examine the areas of our lives which hinder our efforts to be good Christians.  Sometimes, that means trying to eat better. 

But I'm a big fan of Girl Scout cookies, especially Peanut Butter Patties and Thin Mints.  They are heavenly.  They also test our Lenten devotion. So, for now, I stop at three.  Despite it's simplicity, that's really not easy for me but it's a good compromise so that I don't compromise the walking program I've been doing to drop some points.  As hard as it is, I much keep my focus on my goals, but physical and spiritual.

If you are interested in being a healthier person this Lent, check out Fr. Roderick's Health and Holiness Boot Camp podcast at SQPN.COM

I also want to share the link for a listing of ingredients and nutrition facts for all the Girl Scout Cookies. Check them out here -->  Girl Scout Cookies

Peace!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

  1. George, be careful my friend. I LOVE the Tag-a-Longs (chocolate, peanut butter, cookie! YUM!) BUT...there are only 15 to a box. FIFTEEN! Same sized box as the Thin Mints, but half as many cookies. At $4 a box I was a bit disappointed. I know the Girls are just trying to make a few bucks, but hey, I'm trying to get a prolonged sugar rush here! Do a guy a favor!

    What they should do is let me DONATE $4 and give me the cookies for free. That way I can have may "cake" and deduct it too.

    - dK

    the bitterest pill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan, I like your "donation" idea for tax purposes. Of course, I'm sure some people act as if that's how it happened anyway on their taxes -- a $4 donation instead of a $2 donation when you deduct the actual cost of the cookies.

    Yes, it is strange how the cookie count varies. That's how fundraisers work, I guess. They make some nice profits using young girls as salesmen. They don't have to pay salaries or benefits either. Nice!

    Thanks for commenting.
    George

    ReplyDelete